A Few Things To Think About
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Here are a few things you should be thinking about this week
- Be open and honest with all of your communication and never withhold bad news from your leader or direct reports.
- Think about the top 5 things that could go wrong in your business, and train yourself and your team to make sure that they don’t happen; or when they do, be sure your team has the authority to fix them right away.
- Give your team at every level the right amount of authority, and train them on how to use it.
- Get to know your people so you know what they are good at and what they need work on.
- Learn to manage your time. This might impact your entire life more than anything else. Is your entire life in your day planner? Do you schedule the priorities in your life right into your appointment calendar just like any other appointment?
- What are you doing to take care of your health? If you want to reduce your medical costs, then take care of yourself.
- Don’t think you are fooling anyone by acting professional versus being professional.
- Never ever underestimate what YOU personally can do, and remember that it is never too late to become more effective.
- Ask yourself how good of a teacher you are. Teaching is the best way to leverage yourself and to get a lot more accomplished.
- Always remember that you are a leader, which carries a lot of responsibility.
- Understand that what you tolerate in your presence far more demonstrates your standards than what you say. . . . Lee
Great Leaders Look forthe Better Way Every Day!!!!!
2 Responses to “A Few Things To Think About”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.